Wednesday, 30 July 2014

MAYBELLINE White Superfresh Long Lasting UV Cake Powder

Every girl would dream of having on makeup but minus the need to touch up constantly. To allow every girl to achieve that dream, Maybelline came up with a new product - White Superfresh Long Lasting UV Cake Powder that promises 12 hours of bright matte look along with the fresh feel to the skin which also contains SPF34++++, suitable for our sunny Malaysian condition.

Personally, I have never used pressed powder, compact powder, cake powder, or any compressed powder for the matter of fact. When I started using cosmetics, I jumped straight to foundations and BB Creams. This is my first encounter with product like White Superfresh Long Lasting UV Cake Powder in 02 Nude Beige.


The cake powder comes in a sleek white plastic casing which does not feel too flimsy unlike some I have seen in the market. It does not weigh down the bag while travelling. When removed from the box, there is a hint of  fresh fragrance.
I find myself having a love-hate feeling when it comes down to the packaging. The attached mirror makes it convenient during application. I liked that the puff sponge is separated from the cake but I disliked the fact that the compartment for the puff is perforated. Perforation meaning space for dust and bacteria to contaminate the puff. Contaminated puff is like recipe for breakouts and infections.
A swipe on the cake with the puff


The 'Before' and 'After'
The cake powder provides a sheer to medium coverage. If you are looking for a better concealing power, you might want to apply some concealer prior or use this cake as the final step after applying your BB Cream or Foundation.

I used the cake powder as it is after completing my daily skincare routine. During usual day out at the mall, I would experience oiliness on my T-zone areas especially my nose. With the White Superfresh Long Lasting UV Cake Powder in 02 Nude Beige , I noticed that my face remains oil free especially at the T-zones. No reapplication  needed for about 6 hours after first application. Shine free, fuss free.

The cake powder is formulated with the Clean Touch Powder System's Mineral Perlite content which has 5 times the absorbing power of talc. Hence, higher efficacy in absorbing sweat and sebum. No need to worry about clog pores as it is a lightweight formula.

The cake powder is refillable. All you have to do is just use a pin to pop the powder pan out and fit in the new one.


Maybelline White Superfresh Long Lasting UV Cake Powder comes in 4 shades and are available at all major stores retailing at RM23.90 while refills are at RM11.90.



2 comments:

  1. I have just started the powder n im lovin it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamee! Cool! I too love it that it helps controls the oiliness on my face plus it feels fresh all the time ;)

      Delete