Friday, 6 June 2014

CLIO Waterproof Pen Liner in 01 KILL BLACK Review

HOLA BEAUTIES!


Here is my final installment of my CLIO product reviews with products courtesy of HiShop. If you have not read about the CLIO VF21 Cushion CC, you can read it here and the CLIO Virgin Kiss Lipnicure in 07 Tension Red, you can read it here.

I am back with another eyeliner review. I can never get tired of trying eyeliners in my quest of finding the perfect eyeliner. The eyeliner I am going to talk about today has been receiving quite the rave and yes, it is another Korean product.



Like my review on the CLIO VF21 Cushion CC in 002 Beige, you can read it here , the product is courtesy of HiShop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Product       : CLIO Waterproof Pen Liner KILL BLACK
Shade          : 01 Black 
Retail price: RM 55.90
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  
There is nothing new or unusual about the packaging other than it comes in a box which is black and yellow. The eyeliner packaging itself is simple just like any other pen liners would. The cap however is something I find different from my usual pen liners. The cap has this spring mechanism and it closes tightly so no worries about product drying out. Other than that, the cap does not just fall off if you happen to just place the cap onto the pen, it sits there.

It has a felt tip instead of brush. Prior using, of course give it a quick little shake with the cap on, facing downwards and you are good to go.
The numbers on the swatches indicates the layer of liner I have on. The liner is pretty black on first application. The formulation is quite watery I would say because the moment it touches my skin, you can see that the product is somewhat travelling outwards according to the lines.

As you can see, I did a Smudgeproof Test with two conditions - With eyeshadow and On bare skin, just to show how they did under both conditions. I gave them a hard rub with my fingers and the ones on bare skin did smudge a little while the ones with eyeshadow withstand the friction.

Top: Having water smeared all over
Bottom: Single rub with fingers

As for Waterproof Test, they did not hold on that well, which was surprising to me. But the ones with eyeshadow base did do better than on bare skin. I probably should give it another go some other time when I am home because sometimes water quality and condition like hard water, soft water does affect the outcome.

Before - After
Can you see the black eyeline? It is really black.

I wore this out with my girlfriends last weekend, it stayed on throughout the whole day out from 10am till 10pm. I really was skeptical about how long the liner would last on my lids because my lids are really oily and I do not use eye primers before putting any eye makeup. I had a little smudge at the tail end of my eyes but that is quite normal especially when you have oily lids. I did not end up looking like a panda, which is good!

I think this is a real good product to invest in if you want something that is intensely black and stays put even on oily lids. My current eyeliner, KISS ME Heavy Rotation Pen Eyeliner which cost about RM50 cannot even beat how well this product works for me. I would definitely repurchase unless I come across something far better at a similar price range in near future.

Here are some of the stuffs that I have in mind about the 
CLIO Waterproof Pen Liner in 01 KILL BLACK

My Likes:
  • Colour intensity was great! KILL BLACK is really black
  • Formulation is good and glides on easily
  • The cap with the spring mechanism
  • Price is affordable for something that works real good.
  • It is smudgeproof on my oily lids
  • There are a few colours available

My Dislikes:
  • The felt tip was pretty painful to my lids during application
  • Need a base or primer to make it last longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are thinking of getting one, HiShop is having an 18% discount, so you get to purchase it for RM45.80 instead of RM55.90.

Also!

Exclusive RM20 rebate for my readers, key in CLIOMAY at checkout.
*With minimum purchase of RM99, valid till 31 July 2014
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Do share with me know if you have tried this product or any other CLIO products. If you have recommendations, share with me too!


Till then, 
Cheers and Stay Beautiful




2 comments:

  1. This is definitely worth taking a look. I was using Empro for a while because I find the liquid eyeliner really black and dry quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You should try and see if it something that fancies you. A lot raved that this is better than K-Palette One Day Tattoo Eyeliner which in similar price range. As for the waterproof claim, somehow it didn't live up to the promise in my test but lasted whole day one my lids. Odd~ I didn't know Empro have eyeliners. I must be living under the rocks because I only know about Empro's eyebrow products.

      Delete