Thursday, 5 June 2014

CLIO VF21 Cushion CC 002 Beige Review

HOLA BEAUTY LOVERS!

I am back with a beauty product review. Well, technically I will be breaking the review up into three parts because one is just too long for you to read. Who would want to read a super long post, right? 

HiShop was kind enough to send me a box full of CLIO products for me to try out. I have been living under the rocks lately and only knew about CLIO like a month ago when I was out with my girlfriends and we wondered into SaSa outlet and I was looking around for the best eyeliner. 
Look at all the goodies!

The first product I will be sharing with you is the CLIO VF21 Cushion CC in 002 Beige




CLIO VF21 Cushion CC in 002 Beige
CC meaning colour control and I am pretty sure everyone out there already knew this so I would not dwell on this further. When it comes to the cushion technology, I believe it is no stranger to us. Maybe some of you already own a few cushions of your own while this is the first that I actually have.

You must be thinking what does VF means because I did when I received it. I found out that VF stands for Vampire Face. What comes to the mind at that note? The Cullens! 

Moving on~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Product      : CLIO VF21 Cushion CC in 002 Beige
Shades       :  002 Beige 
Retail price: RM 119.90
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It comes in a very simple plastic packaging with hologram top cover and a built in mirror. I did not fancy the hologram part of it but that is just me. Despite being plastic, I must say it is quite sturdy because I dropped mine once and it did not break nor crack.. Pheww~ The product is lightweight and will not weigh your bag down at all.
It comes with puff for application. As you can see, every new product has a protective paper covering the top of the product. Once you removed it, you will find a clean sponge with the product neatly contained underneath the sponge.


To use is quite simple, open up and press the puff onto the sponge and a reasonable amount of product will be transferred to the puff. Light dabbing motions to blend out and you are done.There is no mess involved with this cushion and no spillage, so dump it into your bag with no worries. 

As you can see, it is of different shade than my skin tone. But when you let it sit for a while, it will naturally blend into your skin tone shade. Power of CC technology, eh?

I took this when I was prepping for my presentation.

It is obvious which is Before and After. The colour was not too white against my tanned skin. It gives my skin the dewy look. My skin feels moisturized after applying, no dryness of that sort. My skin felt moisturized throughout.

Here is the breakdown of what I have in mind about this product

What I like about it:
  • It has SPF50PA++ which is important for our hot blazing sun. I can use this alone without slabbing on sunscreen prior.
  • Scent - It has this light floral, powdery scent that I like, nothing overpowering.
  • Texture -  It is very lightweight.
  • Coverage - It gives a sheer to medium coverage and buildable.
  • Staying power - With the blazing sun, it stayed about 2-3 hours on my skin with ever active sweat glands.
  • It keeps my skin moisturized.
  • It soothes my skin from its redness.

What I dislike about it:
  • It only comes in two shades. More shades options would benefit those with different skin tones.
  • Price wise, it is relatively more expensive than just a regular tube of product.
  • I am not sure if it is refillable.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are interested to purchase one for yourself, HiShop carries this product and they are having promotion right now. 

You can get the CLION VF21 Cushion CC for RM89.90 as they are having a 25% discount. 

Also!
Exclusive RM20 rebate for my readers: CLIOMAY 
*With minimum purchase of RM99, valid till 31 July 2014

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like’ HiShop on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hishopmy
Follow HiShop on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/hishop.my
Subscribe to HiShop for exclusive updates:
http://www.hishop.my/subscribe






Let me know what do you think about this Cushion CC by CLIO. 


Till then, 
Cheers and Stay Beautiful

2 comments:

  1. Most cushion type of creams doesn't have many shades to choose from.
    This cushion is not for me as it is doesn't stay long and have lesser coverage. ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mizu! Yeah, I noticed a lot of cushions doesn't have many shades options. Such a pity. I am still deciding if this is for me. Probably need to tryout other cushions but most of them are so pricey in comparison to a regular tube. =/

      Delete