Saturday, 17 May 2014

Long Distance Relationship: A Torment or A Blessing?

Long Distance Relationship~~

A torment or a blessing?

Those who have known me long enough would know that I have been in a long distance relationship (LDR) for quite some years now. Those who are just getting to know me or have just read my blog, now you know. I have been asked similar questions regarding my relationship once too often. Honestly, no matter how many times I have heard and answer the same question, I never fail to blush while at it.

For one, I am blessed to be in a relationship with someone as awesome as my Boyfriend Dearest. The things we have done and been through together were the ones that painted the beautiful pictures on our lil' canvas.
Source: http://www.relationshiprocketscience.com.au/articles/

Here are some of the most common questions my friends often asked me and my answers to them:



Do you ever feel bored being in the same relationship for so many years?
No. How can I feel bored with the same relationship when every thing we do together is something we look forward to? In my opinion, if you start feeling bored being in the same relationship, you might want to rethink your relationship.
        Why I say so? Simple, a relationship is like marriage because both involves commitment. So, if you are bored being in a long committed relationship, how would you survive a marriage that is an even more long term commitment?

Do you ever worry that he will cheat on you while being apart?
No. Being in a relationship meaning building a trust towards the significant other. No matter where you are or who you are with, trust is important. Trust in the Boyfriend and the relationship are what allowed us to learn to be apart and still be together at heart.
       If you cannot trust your significant half to be on his or her own, would you not be tormenting one another with all the suspicions?

Do you ever feel tired of having to be far everyday?
Nope. Being far helps in building the anticipation of being able to see each other again when I am back home. Whenever we talk, we always talk about what we can do when I am back. We always appreciate the time we get to be together. When you are apart, you would be appreciating all the time you get to spend time together.

What do you both always do? Wouldn't it be boring to do the same thing again?
We do the same most couples do - watch movies, shop around, and eating out. Most common thing we do, we cook together. There would be a time when we would be doing the same thing everyday and yet it is not boring for us. When we are feeling a little excited for the week, we would go for new games like laser tag or Escape Room or just about anything new we can get.
       You can never be bored doing the same thing with the one you love, just like how you enjoy every moment being with your family during a normal week, doing the normal daily routine. It is not what you do with them, it is being with them that makes things feel so much better.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A long distance relationship is not all that bad like what we have seen in movies and read in books or stories. It is just like any relationship that you would have, it takes effort from those who are involved. Things that happened, you can either make use of it or mope about it, your call.

In all honesty, I would call it blessing. Being apart allows each of us to learn more about our true self and be more matured about relationships. It teaches us to be strong and independent because you cannot be waiting on your BF or GF to be helping you with things. Most of all, it allows you to appreciate each other more.

I am not a person who is highly qualified to give advises about relationship but I can share with you my experience of being in a relationship with that ONE guy for more than six years.

If you ever have to be apart from your loved one, do not fret about it but instead take it up like a challenge. You will be surprised of how much you would mature and learn. You will be surprised of how strong your relationship can be once you are able to be apart but yet still feel together.





It is not about how close or far you are, it is about how much you love and cherish one another.




Share with me you relationship experience. I would love to hear your story.


Till next time,
XOXO

7 comments:

  1. Spot on babe! You know me and Tharma lol, same case, LDR for 4 years plus now. Gosh, its been difficult sometimes, sometimes amazing, its really a matter of learning to understand each other and give and take! Love your post, will share it out :)
    And congrats on 6 years, that an achievement unlocked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe! Yeah, I know you too alright! HAHA! I'm pretty sure LDR or not, all relationships have their ups and downs, it's just how we deal with it. Yeap, give and take is key! Hi!

      Aww.. Thanks babe! So happy to know you love my amateur writing.. hee... ~blush~

      Hoping for many more years with the man! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow! 6 years?! That's amazing! I wish you both happiness in your relationship ^^


    xx Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy! Thank you for reading =) Yeap, 6 years. Thank you for you well wish <3

      Delete
  3. six years nih! so ahmazzzing !
    all the best for you and him!

    ReplyDelete