Saturday, 22 February 2014

Once Upon A Valentine's

It's almost a week since we celebrated double Valentine's. 
Double Valentine's doesn't happen every year so this year it's super special!
How did you celebrated Valentine's Day?

I had one of the best Valentine's this year. 
All thanks to the beloved Boyfriend!
Yet again, he made me cried tears of joy.
The waiter did a really bad job at taking the photo for us. =(

The night before Valentine's, the BF told me we will be trying out an awesome tasting Nasi Lemak for Valentine's. Then, that noon, he called and said we'll have Nasi Kandar instead. I did not actually believe at first but later on I actually believed him. I do not mind seeing that he has just started working and it is on a Friday, we would not have the luxury of time and money to be going anywhere fancy.

When we were in the car, he was rather convincing about heading to a Nasi Kandar place just near our house. I happily chatted while he was driving. As he pulled the car into a parking lot, then I realized he had a plan! Cheeky guy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHERE WE HAD OUR VALENTINE'S DINNER?

He made a reservation for two at JUICY Bar & Grill! 
I was not expecting this.

Menu of the night:
We had a choice between the main courses offered.
We decided to go for Main Course A and C.


Before our meals were served, he surprised me with this lovely bouquet
He said he was going to talk to the bar counter to get us some wine. When he came back, I saw him carrying this bouquet! I was speechlessly surprised because I was not expecting anything more than just a quiet dinner with him. When he sat down, I was staring at the flowers and him, back and forth.

Soon after, our meals were served.

STARTER
Grilled Scallop with Tomato Tartar, Orange, Cherry Tomato, Rocket & Basil
He even ordered us some red wine. The red wine I had was tastier than his. He almost finished mine instead. 
The starter was tasty with the fresh rocket leaves that provided the crunch. The tomato tartar was one element of the dish which I truly enjoyed. It had a balance of sweet and sour. Scallops were well prepared, they were not overcooked. The bread chunks were tasty on its own or even better when you get it all soaked up with the little gravy from the tartar.

SOUP
Cauliflower, Roasted Mushrooms & Truffle Soup 
The soup was flavourful and tasty. However, it was not silky smooth which was a disappointment. I wished they have given a little more roasted mushrooms as they do go really well with the soup. As for the truffle element, I am not sure if I tasted it in my soup.

MAIN COURSE
(His) A: Trio of Pork
Roasted Pork with Fuji Apple, Bacon Pork Loin, Pork Ragu served with Boil Butter Onion Potato accompanied with Pork Juice 
Top right: Roasted Pork with Fuji Apple
The roasted pork is tender to the bite, bursting with flavours. The fried onion garnish added the element of fragrance and crunch.

Top left: Pork Ragu served with Boil Butter Potato accompanied with Pork Juice
Pork ragu is like shredded braised pork. The pork is so flavourful. Every mouth of the ragu is just awesome! The potato is equally as flavourful. The butter and onion provided the fragrance and flavour. I could not get enough of the potato. Poor Boyfie because I almost ate all up. The pork juice which I call it as gravy was delicious and it went well with the whole dish.

Bottom: Bacon Pork Loin
I think this was his favourite part of the meal. The pork bacon was simply delicious with its crispy skin. The meat was tender and juicy. A dish with simple seasoning yet so delicious. It leaves you craving for more.


(Mine) C: Sabah Lobster, Barranmundi served with Green Pea Risotto accompanied with Hollandaise & Balsamic
The lobster was rather small as you can see. I personally thought that it was a little overcooked. Some of the flesh were stuck to the shell which made consumption a little less dainty for me. I looked like I was fighting with the lobster which somehow managed to amuse the Boyfie. You can taste the sweetness of the lobster.
As for the barranmundi, the fish was cooked to perfection. You can taste the freshness along with the sweetness of the fish fillet with every bite. The fish was well seasoned. There was no strong fishy scent. This dish was like a seafood medley.
The risotto was good as the rice was well cooked and it was not dry. It was also well seasoned. The green peas added a different texture to the dish.


DESSERT
Mixed Berries Brownie Parfait
 To be honest, this is my first time having a parfait. The white layer was yogurt while the brown base should be some salty crushed biscuits. All I tasted was the sourness of the yogurt. The brownie chunks were a little dry for my liking and were rather tasteless. When I saw this on the menu, I was hoping to get a bigger portion than this small cup. I wanted more berries. But, having tasted it, thank goodness it was small.
On the bright side, I think this could pass as a healthier parfait. Made with yogurt which meant lower calories than cream. Served with not so sweet brownies, lesser calories than sweet brownies.
I shall take this dessert with a pinch of salt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OVERALL, HOW WAS IT?

It was a wonderful dinner with the Boyfriend. It was my first time having a four course meal. I cried seeing him walking towards me with the bouquet which he was expecting. I had to ask him not to look at me so that I can stop crying and not to embarrass myself. We had a good time talking over dinner.

The Food
The food was good. I can say it was worth paying every cent for the food and the Boyfie agreed. Portion sizes were okay although we would not complain if they were given in bigger portions. We are both very good eaters. We left the place feeling full and happy.

The Service
As for the service, they were lack of waiters to serve so our food took a while to reach us. The waiters also served us the wrong course dishes at one point. Seeing that it was Valentine's and they had to work, we were patiently waiting for our food. Some table took a while to get their food that the Chef actually came out and apologize for the delay.

The Ambience
I did not take picture of the place as I did not want people looking weirdly at us on Valentine's. It was a decent looking place. There were some interior decor that made me thought that I went into a massage parlour. Even with the crowd, we were able to talk to each other without screaming at the top of our lungs. The music selection however was a little saddening. They could do better.


WILL I DINE THERE AGAIN?
I do not see any reason why not. For the price you pay for the food, it is a good deal. A decent place to hang out with friends and family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They have various pizza, sandwiches and finger foods along with different drinks.
If you want to try their food, here's the address:
No.1.1(Ist Floor), Jalan Batu Nilam 5,
Bandar Bukit Tinggi,
41200 Klang.

Opening Hours: 11am-12am / Friday - Saturday: 11am - 1am

Tel No: 03-3316 9607

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S:
I know some of the pictures are not that clear. Granted it was Valentine's and I did not want to keep taking picture of food, they will do. The Boyfie did remind me to blog about it but I just wanted to spend more time eating and enjoying the moment.

Here are some micro shots of the bouquets. They were so beautiful that I wanted them to last. The only way was to have pictures after pictures of them.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's and Chinese New Year!


With love,
XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Awhhhh. So romantic! The food seems delicous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scha! Thank you for dropping by. =) The food was delicious. May not be a 5 Star sorta thing but they were delicious.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a romantic Valentine's Day you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap. I am blessed. =D Hope you had a good Valentine's too.

      Delete
  3. hey there~ It so nice try! I hope I would have the chance to bring my [partner to go there too >.< *let me get my partner first*
    btw really nice blog^^ do visit my blog at www.marcsjy.blogspot.com

    hope to see more post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Yes, it was a very nice experience to have a four course dinner and at a bar that is. =D I'm sure you will have plenty of chances soon.

      Thank you for dropping by. I'm glad you enjoyed reading. Definitely will visit yours too =D

      Delete