Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Bag of Love's Halloween Beauty Bag (Oct)!

As the sun sets and out comes the dark sky...
The ghouls and spirits come out to play...

Go around and screaming, "Boohohohoho..."

When the calendar shows '31st of October', have yourselves a spook-tacular Halloween!

In the spirit of Halloween, Bag Of Love and The Butterfly Project Malaysia came together to have a little surprise for the caterpillars of The Butterfly Project!

25 Bloggers were randomly selected and I am soooo happy to be one of them to be given the opportunity to review this bag that I have always heard about.


You may have heard of beauty boxes or Ipsy Bag (to those who are fan of Michelle Phan). Bag Of Love is a Malaysia based 'beauty box' that provides the subscribers a bag / 'box' filled with wonderful products in deluxe sample-size and every month, there's a different themed bag with different products with every bag. The beauty bags will be delivered to your doorsteps upon subscription.

That's not all the goodie part of Bag Of  Love! Mimi, founder of Bag Of Love said, 
"For a monthly subscription fee of just RM39.90, you don't only get a beautiful bag filled to the brim with beauty products, but you get to be part of a charity drive as RM1 from each bag sold will go to our Bag of Love fund. At the end of every month, we will decide where to donate the fund to together with our subscribers. :)"
Seee... You get to try and experience products as well as help with charity!

Here's my take on Bag Of Love Halloween Special!

It's here! I was in campus still, all the way in Pahang when I got the email from  Tammy that I'm one of the chosen Caterpillars from The Butterfly Project to review Bag of Love's October Special. I had to call home the very next day to ask my mommy dearest if the bag arrived safely. When I got home, the first thing I did was to unwrap!!


Jeng jeng jeng.... Here comes Bag of Love Lice! Be afraid to look further!



Let's have a look what is in this spooky bag:
Got a glimpse yet? Can you guess all the contents?


Look at the contents... I can drool!

Here's a list of the items inside the bag:
  • SP Shampoo, 30ml
  • SP Mask, 30ml
  • Collistar Revitalizing Anti-Cellulite Concentrate, 30ml
  • Nanowhite Infinity Color Correction (CC) Cream SPF50/Pa+++, 30ml, FULL-SIZED
  • Definite Blender Brush, FULL-SIZED
  • Splassh Mini Glow in the Dark Nail Polish,7.5ml,  FULL-SIZED


Shall we scrutinize the items one by one?

SP Mask & SP Shampoo by Wella Professionals 
This range of product is something that we don't usually see at the shelves of any supermarket. You'll most likely find 'em in saloons as well as shops that cater to saloon products. These two came at the right time, my hair has been looking bad lately and I need some stuffs to pamper 'em strands. The fragrance from these two filled the bag real good. For my medium long hair (which is quite thin), these two would last me a week or so.

Value:  SP Shampoo :Approximately RM8.64 for 30ml
            SP Mask      : Approximately RM16.35 for 30ml
Retail Price: SP Shampoo, RM72 for 250ml
                   SP Mask, RM109 for 200ml

I am waiting for the right time to slather them on.. You know.. The right time like when getting ready for a date *wink*


Collistar Revitalizing Anti-Cellulite Concentrate, 30ml
As the name says it all, I think women would like this. It is a light mint green clear gel. Upon application, it's a little cooling. It has a fresh scent to it which I like. It also leaves the skin feeling hydrated and is not sticky to the feel.
Value: Approximately RM27.75 for 30ml
Retail Price: RM185 for 200ml. Available at SaSa


Nanowhite Infinity Color Correction (CC) Cream SPF50/PA+++, 30ml, FULL-SIZED
I was super happy to see this in the bag. I have been using BB Cream for a while now and when CC Cream was introduced, I have been itching to try one but never got to it. What's more, they gave a full-sized tube which can last me for a long time. I will make another post just for this cream alone soon.

Retail Price: RM49.90 for 30ml. Available at all major stores.

Definite Blender Brush, FULL-SIZED
This might take everyone by surprise but the truth is, I don't own much of make-up brushes at all. I only have an eyeshadow brush which was given to me by best friend and a mini blush brush that you can find in a blush palette. So, you can understand how happy and excited I was to find this brush in the bag! Another brush to my collection.. Yay!
Retail price: RM69.00

Splassh Mini Glow in the Dark Nail Polish, 7.5ml, Full-Sized
*shriek* Glow in the dark mani! Perfect for Halloween. How cool is it to see your nails glowing? This is like a bonus for me since I love painting my nails although I'm not good with nailart, just yet.

 Retail price: RM3.90




Mamasan Mimi from Bag of Love have her own message scripted in a cute little card.

"Are you afraid of the dark? Then face your darkest fear in Bag of Lice! In this fearsome bag, you will find beauty products that will prep you up to be the scariest creature of the night this Halloween! Flawless, pale skin? Checked! Terrific hair? Checked! Wicked eyes? Checked! An awesome silhouette? Checked! And of course, don't forget to let your talons grow...
Be afraid.. Yes, be very afraid..
Freak yourself out further at www.bag-of-love.com and www.facebook.com/BagofLove



Here's the extra stuff in the bag

A voucher for a Chocolate Spa Treatment and a booklet/ catalog about Collistar product.


My overall opinion 
I definitely love this bag for all the goodies you'd get. For the price you'd pay, you get more than you paid for. You can also be assured that their products are of quality and brand.
I like the idea that it comes in different themed bag so you can have a collection of bag that you can reuse for all sorts of purposes. 


Do visit the following to know more about Bag of Love:

Do visit also the following to learn more about The Butterfly Project

The founder, Mamasan Tammy has her page, drop by for her awesome writing:


Do leave a comment, I'd love to know my readers better =)


Till then, 
CHEERS! XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Weeeeeeee.. Another brush into your collection! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Heee... More tools to be pretty and sexy! <3

      Delete
  2. Dropping by to say hello and send some love your way! <3 Love the review hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I feel lotsa love! Thank you! =D Thank you for dropping by me humble writing. *wink*

      Delete
  3. dropped by to say hello! ur photos are nice and clear.. good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you for dropping by.. I'm glad you you find the photos nice and clear. I was worried as I'm only relying on my phone to snap them. ;-)

      Delete