Tuesday, 24 September 2013

My Back To School Essentials

What's up, people?!

It's my 3rd week in my semester and boy, does time flies.
So I said I'd post about my Back To School Essentials, so here it is. =D

I used to go to classes with just clothes on my back and a nude face (as in without applying anything) with only lip balm. But, I took it to myself this semester to begin prepping myself and be far more presentable before heading to class.

Some of these essentials are always in my bag, you know when you need to touch up a little. I usually have my lip balm, hair tie and Alcon Tears Naturale II. At times, you'd fine the REVLON balm stain and KISS ME eyeliner in my bag too.


My everyday routine before heading to class would revolve around these essentials.


On my moisturized face, I would use the Maybelline BB Cream or BB Stick.Between BB Cream and BB Stick, I can't decide which I'd prefer because both are equally as good for me. 
Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream 
I bought this during sales period few months back. I got this in 02 Natural.The BB Cream came in 2 variants 01 Fresh and 02 Natural. Being slightly tanned, I opted for the darker variant. The BB Cream provides a SPF 50 protection which is one of the 8-in-1 benefits being advertised. The cream provides a creamy feeling upon application but it only lasted a few minutes, just like how one would feel after applying moisturiser. Blending is pretty easy as it is not as thick as a foundation and can be done using fingers.It provides a dewy finish to complexion.

Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick
This is something I got last month at a discounted price in Watsons. The BB Stick comes in 3 variants - 01 Fresh, 02 Natural and 03 Radiance. I tried the 02 Natural but it was far too white for my skin tone in contrast to the BB Cream of the similar colour code. So, I opted for 03 Radiance.The BB Stick however only provides a SPF 21 protection. Blending is very quick as the powdery texture of the stick glides with just swipe of fingers. I find it to be relatively faster than using the BB Cream. The BB Stick provides a matte finish on my skin but can be a bit drying to the face.

BB Stick would be a great thing to have for quick touch up when you're out. 
Swatches
At the top: Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream in 02 Natural
At the bottom: Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick in 03 Radiance

Blending
At the top: Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream in 02 Natural
At the bottom: Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick in 03 Radiance


Done with the face, I would move on to my eyes. Eyes are the windows to the soul, right?

I usually just add some eyeliner on my lids to provide it a little 'uplift'. With just a flick of a liner, the eyes would look as if they've opened up more and my eyes look a little bigger.

KISS ME Heavy Rotation Perfect Liquid Eyeliner
I got this eyeliner from SASA when I asked them if they would be able to introduce some waterproof and smudge proof eyeliner. I previously used the Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner but it wasn't to my expectations. This eyeliner is definitely waterproof and smudge proof and I was more than happy to be purchasing it again. This cost me RM45+ if I'm not wrong but I'd say it's worth it.
I had to take this pic from the net as I have thrown my packaging just after I got it, which is a while ago.

This is just one glide of the liner and it is as black as it can be, which I like.
The brush is smooth enough for me to draw a line of any thickness as I pleased.  


I rarely apply mascara on my lashes but at times I do. When I do, I use my MAYBELLINE the Falsies Waterproof Mascara. This mascara definitely gives my lashes the volume and length similar to having falsies on them. It works like magic and it is a must have for those who want volume and length without the need of the extra weight or awkwardness of having falsies on.


Next up, we shall see to the lips. When my lips are particularly dry, I would glide on my NIVEA Pure & Natural Olive & Lemon lip balm, which I always bring along with me everywhere I go. The lip balm is very moisturizing and it helps when I have crack lips. I like the hint of fragrance too. For a hint of colour, I would use my REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.

REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
This balm stain has been all the rave over the internet with numerous beauty bloggers. I found myself wanting one of my own when I tried it on the other day I was hanging out with my boyfriend's sister. Best of timing, Watsons was having a sale whereby we can get two at RM49.50. The normal retail price is RM33.00 each.

I got the 01 Honey Douce which is a colour that I would wear everyday to class without being over the top . The balm stain is a combination of lipstick and lip balm, which provides some colour at the same being moisturizing. The balm stain really does stain the lips with just one application. It leaves the lips pinkish and kissable. I can reapply it as often as I like or not at all. It also has a hint of mint fragrance which I love.

A definite must have!


Just a glide of the balm stain.

Let's check:
  • Face
  • Eyes 
  • Lips 
All done! All set for class!

Oh wait! I almost forgot...

How can I leave for class without a spritz of perfume to make me smell all so nice and sexy *smirk* =D

I love how the smell of the perfect perfume can change the mood of any person. Flowery, woody etc... I personally love the smell of my THE BODY SHOP Moroccan Rose Eau de Toilette.


THE BODY SHOP Moroccan Rose Eau de Toilette
I bought this perfume when The Body Shop had their nationwide sales back in May 2013. Read about my haul here. This perfume isn't too strong for my sensitive nose. The scent does last for hours which is good. Two spritz and I'm good to go.


I wear glasses and sometimes contact lenses. My eyes dries out pretty easily. So, I always bring along ALCON Tears Naturale II Artificial Tears with me everywhere I go to re-hydrate my eyeballs.


Last but not least, I always have a hair tie with me all the time. Having long hair can sometimes be troublesome so I like to keep them in a neat ponytail.

Phew!! Such a long post to share about my essential items. What about yours? Leave a comment to share about your Back To School Essentials.

Have a great week!

Cheers~
XOXO





2 comments:

  1. these are my must-haves too! I need to have at least one face powder, eyeliner, concealer, mascara, eyebrow pencil, and facial blotter in my bag :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owh cool! Hi five! Haha... I usually have with me the BB Stick, Balm Stain, Lip Balm, Eyeliner and hair tie. Never know when you need them, right? =D

      Delete