Thursday, 11 April 2013

My Beauty Haul From Daiso



So I had a shopping trip with le mom and came across Daiso. If any of you have not heard of Daiso, it is a Japanese store which has various of homeware and items. Best of all, the items are sold at only RM5.00 each. Anyhow, back to the story, I went to walk around Daiso (something I like to do when window shopping).

     While in Daiso, I remembered reading online about the charcoal peel off mask and decided to look for it. It was in a different packaging than the one I saw. But I bought it anyway just to give it a shot. Besides, it only cost me RM5.00 which is beyond cheap. The Charcoal Face Pack is supposedly to be able help unclog pores and absorb excess oil from the skin. However, since it is a peel off form, it is not advisable to use more than twice a week or might risk getting irritated skin.



 I gave it shot, trying only on my nose area since I would want to remove those pesky heads. Let me account my adventure with this charcoal mask:

  • I cleansed my face as per usual
  • Wipe dried my face (I figured since this mask is going to be liquid/gooey, we won't need extra moisture on the skin)
  • Applied a generous amount on my nose area
  • Let it to dry for about 15 minutes (depending on how thick the application is)
  • Peel off from top to bottom
  • Rinse clean and applied toner
My verdict:
It does pull out some of those pesky blackheads and whiteheads but wasn't as much as I expected. Watson's Nose Strip does a far more better job at it. But overall, removal was not that painful(if you've tried Watson's Nose Strip, you'd know how painful it can be) and it has a pleasant scent. For a person with sensitive skin, my skin did not feel any form of irritation. I'd say I would be a loyal user for now.

Maybe I could do a comparison the next time around. What do you think?

Another haul of mine from Daiso on the very same day is my tool for my gradient nail art. 
I have recently taken up interest in doing my own nail art seeing how fun it is to be able to beautify your nails without needing to go to the salon for it. It is far more cheaper too. My first adventure with nail art would be gradient/ombre nails.

   
 So I gotten myself these make up sponge wedges. I found out that these make up sponges actually does a much smoother job than the regular dishwashing sponge. What's more, these make up sponges actually absorbs lesser nail polish hence no more wastage!

     There are a number of shapes and sizes of sponges available and of different texture too. But the best is that all cost you only RM5.00. At least you won't feel the pain when throwing them out after use.

I will post up my nail art soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment